Texas historian A.C. Greene believed that the countryside hill was named the Flower Mound in the 1840s because of the unusual amount of wild flowers (the nonprofit Flower Mound Foundation has identified more than 175 different species) that grew on it. When Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport opened in 1974, the incorporated town saw a substantial increase in its population and it is now the largest town in Texas, in terms of population.
Bordering Grapevine Lake northwest of Dallas and northeast of Fort Worth, it is not uncommon for residents and visitors alike to be arrested for various criminal offenses around the area. In such cases, it is critical for alleged offenders to seek legal counsel familiar with how criminal charges are prosecuted in the area.
Criminal Defense Lawyer in Denton, Frisco, Lewisville, Flower Mound, TX
If you were arrested or believe that you might be under investigation for any kind of criminal offense in Flower Mound, TX, it is in your best interest to make sure that you have legal representation. The Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy aggressively defend clients accused of all sorts of crimes in the greater Flower Mound area.
Richard McConathy is an experienced criminal defense attorney who fights to help people achieve the most favorable outcomes in criminal cases, including possibly having criminal charges reduced or dismissed. Call (940) 222-8004 to take advantage of a free, confidential consultation that will allow our lawyers to provide an honest and thorough evaluation of your case.
Common Criminal Charges in Texas
Authorities in the area enforce the same state and federal laws that are applicable in other parts of the Lone Star State. A few of the offenses that people are most frequently arrested for include, but are not limited to:
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), including boating while intoxicated, commercial vehicle DWI, drug related DWI, DWI with bac over .15, DWI with child passenger, DWI with property damage, felony DWI, flying while intoxicated, first DWI, impaired driving, intoxication assault, intoxication manslaughter, juvenile or underage DWI, second DWI, and third or subsequent DWI. We assist clients with bail bonds, deferred adjudication, the driver responsibility program, driver’s license procedures, DWI community supervision, DWI penalties, DWI record expunging, DWI reduction, DWI roadblocks or checkpoints, DWI testing, DWI trials, motions for nondisclosure, pretrial diversion programs, and SR-22 or motor vehicle insurance.
- Drug / Narcotics Charges, including cocaine charges, drug conspiracy, drug manufacturing, drug trafficking, felony drug possession, fentanyl crimes, heroin charges, internet drug sales, MDMA or ecstasy arrests, methamphetamine crimes, possession of a controlled substance (drug possession), possession of a dangerous drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession with intent to sell, prescription drug fraud, and synthetic drugs.
- Marijuana Offenses, including cite and release, delivery of marijuana, illegal cultivation / grow houses, illegal search and seizure cases, marijuana cultivation, marijuana trafficking, medical marijuana, possession of marijuana, and THC concentrates.
- Theft Offenses such as auto theft, robbery or aggravated robbery, shoplifting or retail theft, shoplifting instruments, theft or larceny, theft by check, and theft of services.
- Property Crimes like arson, burglary, burglary of a vehicle, criminal mischief, criminal mischief charge, and criminal trespass.
- Violent Crimes such as aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, assault charges, assault with a deadly weapon, deadly conduct, disorderly conduct, endangering a child, false accusations of violent crimes, injury to a child elderly individual or disabled person, injury to an elderly or disabled person, kidnapping, manslaughter, robbery, terroristic threats, and unlawful restraint.
- Sexual Offenses like aggravated sexual assault, child pornography, child sexual abuse, continuous sexual abuse of a child, disclosure of intimate material, failure to register as a sex offender, improper relationship between educator and student, indecency with a child, indecent exposure, invasive visual recording, obscenity, online solicitation of a minor, prohibited sexual conduct, prostitution or solicitation, public lewdness, rape, revenge porn, statutory rape, sexual assault, sexual coercion, and voyeurism.
- Family Violence such as aggravated domestic assault, assault by strangulation, bigamy, child abandonment or endangerment, child abuse, continuous violence against the family, domestic assault, endangering a child, harassment, injury to a child, interference with 911, interference with child custody, leaving a child in a vehicle, protective order hearings, stalking or aggravated stalking, strangulation, and violations of protective orders.
- Juvenile Crimes such as juvenile drug charges, minor in possession of alcohol, and use or possession of fake ID.
- White Collar Crimes, including bad check, credit card fraud, forgery, identity theft, insurance fraud, medicaid fraud, and money laundering.
- Traffic Crimes such as aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, driving while license suspended, failure to stop, fleeing and eluding, habitual traffic violator, leaving the scene of an accident, racing on a highway, reckless driving, and vehicular homicide or manslaughter.
- Firearms and Weapons Charges such as unlawfully carrying a weapon, firearm smuggling, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm while intoxicated, and unlawful possession of a firearm.
- Federal Charges such as federal drug crimes, federal internet crimes, federal kidnapping, federal sex crimes, federal weapons crimes, federal white collar crimes, human trafficking, sex trafficking, and three strikes law cases.
Flower Mound Legal Resources
Flower Mound Municipal Court — The Flower Mound Municipal Court serves as a judicial body responsible for handling various legal matters related to the town of Flower Mound, TX. It operates within the Police and Court Facility, conveniently located near the intersection of Cross Timbers and Kirkpatrick Lane. The court is open on weekdays, from Monday to Friday, but it remains closed on 10 designated holidays. As a municipal court, it has jurisdiction over cases involving violations of state laws, local ordinances, and other criminal offenses that fall within its purview. Some of the common types of cases handled by the Flower Mound Municipal Court include traffic offenses such as speeding, reckless driving, running red lights, driving without a license, and other motor vehicle-related infractions, local ordinance violations of local regulations and ordinances set by the town, which may cover issues like noise complaints, property maintenance, parking violations, and zoning infractions, and criminal violations such as misdemeanor criminal offenses that occur within the jurisdiction, which can include minor assaults, theft, drug possession, and public intoxication. The primary goal of the Flower Mound Municipal Court is to ensure fair and efficient legal proceedings while upholding the law and protecting the rights of individuals involved in the cases. Citizens who receive citations or are involved in legal matters falling under the court’s jurisdiction can expect their cases to be heard and decided upon here. The court’s location within the Police and Court Facility allows for close collaboration with law enforcement, facilitating effective handling of cases. By serving as a local judicial entity, the Flower Mound Municipal Court plays an essential role in maintaining order and justice within the town, contributing to the overall safety and well-being of the community.
Flower Mound Municipal Court
4150 Kirkpatrick Ln.
Flower Mound TX, 75028
Flower Mound Police Department — The Flower Mound Police Department is dedicated to providing exceptional police services with a commitment to integrity and in collaboration with the community. Their mission is to build trust among the residents and promote a safe and secure environment, enhancing the unique quality of life that Flower Mound offers. The police department’s website offers a range of resources and information to keep the public informed and engaged. Some of the key features available on their website include profiles and information about the department’s command staff, including the Chief of Police and other high-ranking officers. This helps the community become familiar with the leadership team responsible for overseeing law enforcement efforts. Beat maps offer residents an understanding of the police department’s patrol areas. Knowing the beats can help community members identify the officers responsible for their specific neighborhoods and foster a stronger connection between law enforcement and residents. The police department offers various crime prevention programs and community services to educate and empower residents. These initiatives aim to enhance public safety and build stronger relationships between law enforcement and the community. Access to real-time crime data enables residents to stay informed about incidents occurring in their area. This feature may include recent crime reports, trends, and statistics, helping the public remain vigilant and proactive in their neighborhoods. The department’s annual reports provide a comprehensive overview of their activities and achievements throughout the year. These reports offer transparency to the community and highlight the police department’s efforts to fulfill its mission. Through these resources and services, the Flower Mound Police Department seeks to foster a sense of trust, collaboration, and mutual respect with the community they serve. By working together, the department aims to create a safe and secure environment where residents can enjoy the distinctive quality of life that makes Flower Mound a special place to live.
Flower Mound Police Department
4150 Kirkpatrick Lane
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Denton County Sheriff’s Office — The Denton County Sheriff’s Office plays a crucial role in law enforcement activities in Flower Mound and the surrounding areas within Denton County. As Flower Mound is primarily situated in Denton County, the Sheriff’s Office is often involved in various local arrests and law enforcement operations in the community. The Denton County Sheriff’s Office website offers a wealth of information and resources to the public. Some of the key features available on their website include information about the Sheriff’s Office administration, including the Sheriff and other high-ranking officials. This section may include details about the department’s mission, values, and organizational structure. The Operations Bureau is responsible for various law enforcement functions and may include divisions such as patrol, investigations, traffic, and other specialized units. Residents can find information about the different units within the bureau and their roles in maintaining public safety. The Detention Bureau oversees the management and operations of the county jail. The website may provide details about visitation guidelines, inmate services, and other pertinent information related to the county jail. The Open Records Requests feature allows individuals to request access to public records maintained by the Denton County Sheriff’s Office. Open records requests are essential for promoting transparency and ensuring that the public has access to relevant information. The Sheriff’s Office may maintain a sex offenders list, which provides information about registered sex offenders living in Denton County. This resource is essential for residents to stay informed about potential risks in their neighborhoods. The website may offer tools to search for bond records and jail records related to specific individuals. This feature can be useful for individuals looking for information about current or past detainees in the county jail. Through these resources and services, the Denton County Sheriff’s Office aims to uphold its commitment to public safety, transparency, and community engagement. By providing access to important information and services, the Sheriff’s Office works to build trust and cooperation between law enforcement and the residents of Denton County, including the community of Flower Mound.
Areas In and Around Flower Mound
A few of the other communities located in the vicinity include Justin, Northlake, Corral City, Argyle, Double Oak, Bartonville, Lantana, Copper Canyon, Highland Village, Roanoke, Lewisville, Northlake, Grapevine, Coppell, Trophy Club, and Elizabethtown.
Find A Denton County Criminal Defense Lawyer | The Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy
Do you think that you could be under investigation or were you already arrested for allegedly committing any kind of criminal offense? Do not say anything to authorities until you have contacted The Law Offices of Richard C. McConathy. You can have them review your case and discuss all of your legal options as soon as you call (940) 222-8004 or complete an online contact form to schedule a free consultation.